Sunday 3 July 2016

Italian Beginnings - Day 3


Scaglieri castle - Malcesine

Lake Garda, Venice & Verona                                                 Italy

Tuesday 18th March 2014

Yet another early morning rise came upon me but it was definitely worth it as I couldn’t have picked a better time to stand out on my balcony looking at the mountain peaks just as the sun was beginning to rise behind them. It looked golden and I thought it was symbolising a start to a wondrous day. I headed downstairs for my first breakfast at the hotel and sat with the same three men. We were having a good chat about the rooms we were staying in and of course the blonde haired waitress again. A while later it was finally time to set off to the first excursion of my journey to a place called Malcesine. However nobody was getting the coach to Malcesine as they were taking a boat trip on the lake itself. I didn’t want to do that mainly because I wanted to use that time to get up a cable car in Malcesine to go up one of the huge mountains alongside it. So as the driver dropped everyone off at the waters edge at Riva Del Garda I stayed in the coach for the very short journey soon arriving at the lovely quiet town. I wasted no time heading for the cable car just on the outskirts of the town. However, as I arrived it was clear to see that it wasn’t open as the sign stated that it closed from yesterday until the 5th April. A slight disappointment as I was really looking forward to it and now wished I went on the boat trip with everybody else. Not to worry though as I headed back into the town having a good look around and couldn’t get over how beautiful the place was with its small port and vibrant colours of the buildings and even the small boats moored up bobbing away with a picturesque Lake Garda setting behind it. As the town was right next to the lake the views were spectacular despite the fog picking up from the lake. It did give it a mystical look with the white castle in the town. Speaking of which the castle on the waters edge was remarkable and unique as I never seen anything like it before. After buying a few things and meeting back up with all the passengers who had a great time on the boat by the way, it was time to take the next trip of the day to a place called Garda town. Yet again this was another short journey and the town was quite small and lovely. This town however was more of a long stretch of walkway right by the lake. The views were not that good either as the fog got a lot thicker plus there was not that much to see either. After my first ever Italian cappuccino which had an acquired taste to it, it was time to head back to the hotel. An hour or so before our tea at the hotel, I decided to have a look around the area I was staying in because I wanted to get a sense of people’s way of life in the beautiful lakeside town. A 20 minute walk led me to the town centre and I didn’t realise how large of an area it was. The architecture of the area was fascinating alongside with the views of the mountain peaks and the lake. The next thing I found fantastic was in an unlikely place. I headed into a shop to get some more gifts and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I seen assassin’s creed 4: Black flag merchandise. I was overwhelmed with what they had due to the fact I’m a huge assassins creed fan but I didn’t want to buy everything from it lord knows I wanted too. I did however buy a necklace with the assassin’s creed logo on it which suited me well.  Anyway it was time to head back to my hotel for another great evening of conversations and food constantly thinking of my dream excursion for the next day.



Malcesine port

Malcesine port

Vibrant narrow street - Malcesine


Malcesine port

Misty Garda town

Garda town

Riva del Garda


No comments: